Thread: zd 30 clutch

Forum Newby

zd 30 clutch

Hi guys, hope you are all well and enjoying the great outdoors.
    After a bit of clutch advice. The patrols clutch decided to give up on me over the weekend, (2008 GU Patrol zd30)
    Adelaide based, I was wondering if any of you would know a reputable place to get a clutch done that wont send me into bankruptcy, currently dual mass but $$$ are pointing me to single mass.
    Also what affordable clutch kits would you recommend.

Cheers guys, stay safe

Did a single mass flywheel conversion on my old Patrol with a Heavy Duty Exedy Clutch. I recall it costing fairly close to the $2000 - $2500 mark with most of that being labor (it's pretty well an all day job). It was only $100 more than a standard clutch to get a Heavy Duty one, so why not! The gear changes post single mass were a little more jerky but it had great peddle feel.

Ring a few local workshops and see what they can do for you.

I did SMF conversion on mine 16k ago. It cost $2300 approx. I had the rear main seal done at the same time.

Cheers

Forum Newby
    Cheers guys, got it booked in for next week.
    $2300 SMF conversion, going the 4 terrain kit which quite a few people have highly recommended.
    Cant wait for the rig to be rolling again.

Cool, I went with a excedy clutch in mine. My dmf had 320k on it. Are you getting the rear main done too? It's easier to do while it's all apart.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Who is doing it? I have heard Rob Agars is good in Adelaide.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Forum Newby
    yes heard a lot of good reports about Rob, unfortunately he's about 45 mins from where I am so gone for someone a bit closer,
    A reputable 4x4 place with a good name ( cross country 4x4), always busy with plenty of tuff looking tourers there when ever you go past.
    where pretty helpful and sound like they know their stuff, rear main will be getting looked at too.

Doing the rear main seal while the gearbox is off is cheap insurance really. There's nothing worse than having hours of labour to pull everything apart a second time and fit a $10 part.

The 4 Terrain clutch should do the job nicely, it will feel like a completely different truck when you get it back.