Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: State Corners x 4 info request

Thanks AJ! I have received a reply from Customs House and they say it's 12km by water... but in any case Shane appears to have it sorted.
    On days like this I'd rather be west of the Darling!

Bucky has a boat!

And a trailer to put it on!
    On days like this I'd rather be west of the Darling!

Andrew, it's probably all your fault! Have gathered a wealth of info from your trip reports.

Myself and Dave camped at the Customs house, not a bad spot! We would have driven almost right passed Suicide Bridge..

Here is our trip report.

http://www.4wdadventurers.com/showth...er-exploration

Thanks Rich, I hadn't seen that report. Plenty of info. Murray Sunset sure does seem popular.

Quote Originally Posted by shane_vor View Post
    Thanks Rich, I hadn't seen that report. Plenty of info. Murray Sunset sure does seem popular.
    Its a bit of a hidden gem, not super popular but there is so much to see and do. Plenty of history too.

Cheers

Just another quick Q. Has anyone been to the geographic centre of South Aust.? I have the coordinates but can find sweet F.A. else about it. Is there a marker there? Is it private property etc etc. Any info would be appreciated since I'm considering adding this to my trip.

There being bugger all info on that spot I've scratched the thought, we have enough on our plate as it is. I wonder if anyone has any info to provide on a route from Haddons to Cameron via Noccundra? I don't really need to go through Noccundra because I've already been there, but this time the missus is tagging along and I'd like her to see the place, not just a sly plan to sit at the pub and have a few sherberts!

No, it doesn't leak oil. Redback's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shane_vor View Post
    There being bugger all info on that spot I've scratched the thought, we have enough on our plate as it is. I wonder if anyone has any info to provide on a route from Haddons to Cameron via Noccundra? I don't really need to go through Noccundra because I've already been there, but this time the missus is tagging along and I'd like her to see the place, not just a sly plan to sit at the pub and have a few sherberts!
    Centre of South Australia

Despite three sides of its border being straight lines, defining the centre of South Australia is no easier thanks to an irregular shaped coastline. According to one method, the centre is near the Churchill Smith bore, which is approximately 12km north-east of the Mt Eba cattle station. In relation to more commonly known landmarks, the centre of South Australia is located some distance south-west of Lake Eyre.

Position on SH53-11 Kingoonya 1:250 000 and 6037 Eba 1:100 000 scale maps.

http://www.ga.gov.au/scientific-topi...ies#heading-12
    Cheers Baz.

2011 Discovery 4 (With the Lot)
    Lightweight Camper
    2000 BMW F650 GS
    1973 Kawasaki H2-A Project Now Finished
    2007 VW Golf Mk V TDi

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be