Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: my hj75 Landcruiser ute tourer project

Forum Enthusiast
    Barney, come mate!!!! Great to see almost in, great news. But please let us know how you went regard
    Geoff.
    VDJ76 Front and rear Lockers, NPC clutch ecu remap, lots of other stuff, very happy with it

Forum Enthusiast
    Whoops,

Regarding the engine issues you had

Regards
    Geoff
    Geoff.
    VDJ76 Front and rear Lockers, NPC clutch ecu remap, lots of other stuff, very happy with it

Yeah i talked to the place i brought it & he said i could return it or fix the squirter & get it running & see how it goes, there is 90 days warranty so i thought i would get it in & see how it runs, then i will get a compression test done, I will remove the valve cover & inspect the rockers & replace that gasket also,
    the seller was really understanding & seemed to have a good attitude, he said he drove it in the car before removing it & it felt like one of the stronger engines he has had, he said there were no noises & it ran quite well, He gave me the option of sending it back but i thought then i would have to wait until another second hand one came up for sale & i would have to remove & replace all gaskets, seals etc again & check everything over again anyway, so i will wait until i get it running & have it compression tested & go from there.

PS
    I silver soldered the pipe back in place & refitted the squirter,

Forum Enthusiast
    Fingers crossed..
    Geoff.

Fired the 12ht up this afternoon. was surprised when it fired up first kick, I chucked all the vacuum lines over my shoulder except for one, then removed the heater from inside the intake & ported & polished the intake, then removed all the vacuum switching & wiring for the shutoff valve, i will use a simple choke cable hooked up to the shutoff butterfly to stop the engine, the motor sounded great with no knocks or rattles & the rockers sounded pretty quite as well,
    Now its running i can start putting my cruiser back together after work each afternoon this week & hopefully get some k's on it next weekend,
    this is the only video i have so far of it running, I only ran it twice for a short time & i need to get the radiator back in, oil pressure was also pretty good so happy days
    video on instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BxrP_Lfne2R/

How exciting what a relief !

Nearly there
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better