Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: my hj75 Landcruiser ute tourer project

Went to Dubbo to buy a couple of jerry can holders for the back of the canopy...............oh thats them on the bottom right got a bit carried away and brought a few other things while i was there, i don't get to the big smoke much so had a little splurge

Has anyone got one of these GME UHF radios, the bloke in the shop said it was top of the line & talked me into buying it

GME XRS-370C

The XRS family is a new Australian Made radio platform designed to be smart, adaptable and rugged.

Enabled by Bluetooth® wireless technology, XRSTM is the first of a new generation of connected UHF radios with unique features never before seen.

It is the first ever UHF CB radio with app control and introduces new features such as creating and sharing scan lists and instant access to the entire Australian and New Zealand registered analogue frequency database.

Much like a smart device, the XRS family are software upgradable via the app, keeping customers up to date with the latest features and technology.

The new XRS Connect professional grade speaker microphone features a powerful 2 watt speaker, customisable buttons and a high contrast OLED screen guaranteeing crystal clear, anti-glare display.

For more information please visit the XRS Connect UHF CB radio microsite

Genuine GME 5 year warranty, plus download and register the new XRS Connect App and receive one year additional warranty.

Product Details:

Bluetooth wireless technology - BT Classic 2.1 and BT Low Energy 4.0
    End user software upgradeable via the app
    Download the XRS Connect App on Google Play or the App Store
    App compatible with iOS9.0, Android 5.0 and above
    Windows app compatible with 7.0 and above available January 2017
    Easy to configure and customise radio via the app
    Create and share personalised scan lists - up to 400 frequencies
    Instant access to over 20,000 receive frequencies
    XRS Connect speaker microphone with OLED display
    Customisable buttons
    25% faster scan speed at 50 channels per second
    5 year warranty + 1 additional year for downloading and registering app

In the Box:

XRS-370C UHF CB radio with Bluetooth Smart Connectivity
    XRS Connect speaker microphone
    Microphone clip and radio mounting bracket
    DC power Lead
    Screw pack
    LE040 Mic extension lead
    AD008 Mic extension adaptor kit
    Quick start guide
    Last edited by barnsey; 27-10-17 at 08:30 PM.

Bitumen! A complete waste of money. mudduck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barnsey View Post
    Went to Dubbo to buy a couple of jerry can holders for the back of the canopy...............oh thats them on the bottom right got a bit carried away and brought a few other things while i was there, i don't get to the big smoke much so had a little splurge

Has anyone got one of these GME UHF radios, the bloke in the shop said it was top of the line & talked me into buying it

GME XRS-370C

The XRS family is a new Australian Made radio platform designed to be smart, adaptable and rugged.

Enabled by Bluetooth wireless technology, XRSTM is the first of a new generation of connected UHF radios with unique features never before seen.

It is the first ever UHF CB radio with app control and introduces new features such as creating and sharing scan lists and instant access to the entire Australian and New Zealand registered analogue frequency database.

Much like a smart device, the XRS family are software upgradable via the app, keeping customers up to date with the latest features and technology.

The new XRS Connect professional grade speaker microphone features a powerful 2 watt speaker, customisable buttons and a high contrast OLED screen guaranteeing crystal clear, anti-glare display.

For more information please visit the XRS Connect UHF CB radio microsite

Genuine GME 5 year warranty, plus download and register the new XRS Connect App and receive one year additional warranty.

Product Details:

Bluetooth wireless technology - BT Classic 2.1 and BT Low Energy 4.0
    End user software upgradeable via the app
    Download the XRS Connect App on Google Play or the App Store
    App compatible with iOS9.0, Android 5.0 and above
    Windows app compatible with 7.0 and above available January 2017
    Easy to configure and customise radio via the app
    Create and share personalised scan lists - up to 400 frequencies
    Instant access to over 20,000 receive frequencies
    XRS Connect speaker microphone with OLED display
    Customisable buttons
    25% faster scan speed at 50 channels per second
    5 year warranty + 1 additional year for downloading and registering app

In the Box:

XRS-370C UHF CB radio with Bluetooth Smart Connectivity
    XRS Connect speaker microphone
    Microphone clip and radio mounting bracket
    DC power Lead
    Screw pack
    LE040 Mic extension lead
    AD008 Mic extension adaptor kit
    Quick start guide
    I have a mate with that uhf and he loves it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheers Steve. VK2UD
    2010 200 Series twin turbo V8 Diesel 200kw of screaming Toyota Muscle
    2017 Ford Ranger turbo diesel with some stuff

200 Tourer
    Ranger
    Camper

Youtube

another job out of the way, jerry can holders test mounted, i have two 20 liter diesel jerry's and 2 20 liter water jerry's, so depends where i am going to which ones i take now i need to remove them and the spare wheel carrier then i can finish running the wiring for the 240 volt led lights, switches & power points, get it all tested by my electrician then clad the rear in alloy sheet and fit all the alloy angles, then it will be ready put everything back on

welded a length of angle across & welded bolts in so they face out to mount the jerry can holders.

cut some smaller sections of Angle for the lower mounts then welded bolts in facing out also

all welded in ready to accept the jerry can holders.

everything test fitted before i remove the spare wheel bracket and jerry can holders so i can finish wiring the 240 led lights, switches & power points then get my electrician to test everything before i finish cladding the rear of the canopy

finished running all the wiring for the 240 v points lights & switches inside the back wall, then put the insulation in the wall,

then made a cardboard template to mark out where the 8 studs for the jerry can holders were and the 4 bolt holes for the wheel carrier

test fit a sheet of alloy to make sure the holes lined up & marked where to cut the sheet on the angled roof line,

removed the sheet then cut it to size, etch primed & painted hammer tone black

covered the frame in 11 FC Sikaflex & fitted the sheet using self drilling metal screws to hold it in place until i get some more alloy angle where i will replace the screws with rivets.

brought a rear awning from kings, 1.4 x 2.0 & reversed the L brackets to face down allowing me to mount the awning level with the roof line so its not sitting up above catching wind, also mounted the L brackets for the left side awning 2.5 x 3.0 with screen room yet to be fitted but hopefully before i head out camping tomorrow

barnsey

Bitumen! A complete waste of money. mudduck's Avatar
    Looks great Barnsey!
    Cheers Steve. VK2UD
    2010 200 Series twin turbo V8 Diesel 200kw of screaming Toyota Muscle
    2017 Ford Ranger turbo diesel with some stuff

200 Tourer
    Ranger
    Camper

Youtube

Seriously Hooked
    Nice job.

Forum Enthusiast
    Looking good

Just wondering what thickness Ali sheet you used Barnsey?

Cheers Andrew
    Why would I buy something for $10 when I can make it for $20

2009 120 Prado http://www.4wdadventurers.com/showth...AJ-s-120-Prado
    HZJ79 Cruiser http://www.4wdadventurers.com/showth...ies-Cruser-Ute

the front & rear walls are both 1.5 mm the rest of canopy, doors roof etc is 2mm have pretty much glued it all in place using 11FC sikaflex

decided to start fitting the double din stereo and speakers but wasn't able to mount the 6x9 Alpines behind the seats like i had planned so decided to put them in the lower front doors, then decided i didn't like all the mismatched brown interior so i am going to change everything in the cab to grey & black, started by recovering the front right door trim, i am going to fit 79 series door pockets in the lower section of the panel that the speaker is on, looks ok for my first attempt just going to do bits as i get spare time, I also want to make a floor console with some cup holders so i don't have to drive around with my drink between my legs lol
    this one is finished, just need to put it back on and mount the speaker and handles.