Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: my hj75 Landcruiser ute tourer project

thanks mate, just needed a tidy up inside, it spent most of its life before i got it on a farm, has a few scratches down the left hand side now thanks to an oncoming 4x4 towing a caravan driving half on my side of the road around a blind corner, i had to move to the left cleaning up a couple of those white steel reflector marker posts, nothing major just some deep scratches and a few small dings, will fix it when i get a few more
    happend on the way home from the bridle track at Easter on the Mitchell hwy, might just tough up the scratches for now to camouflage them a bit

amp mounted

speaker box surround made & mounted

speaker surround in the making

Last edited by barnsey; 26-07-18 at 06:48 PM.

finished cutting the front half of the new carpet in & finished off making my $6 floor console, just need my new grey steering wheel to arrive & finish off a few other bit & pieces, handbrake, switch knobs etc

Bitumen! A complete waste of money. mudduck's Avatar
    That is looking awesome!!
    Cheers Steve. VK2UD

Mudduck's 4wd Touring
    2010 200 Series twin turbo V8 Diesel 200kw of screaming Toyota Muscle
    2017 Ford Ranger turbo diesel with some stuff

200 Tourer
    Ranger
    Camper

Youtube

crossed another thing off my shopping list over the weekend
    hoping it gets delivered some time this week, 250k on motor, they will give me complete engine fan to flywheel. Engine mounts and such. accelerator cable and engine pipe. been looking for a while & kept missing out on the ones that come up for sale so i jumped on this one over the weekend.
    pretty expensive for a 2nd hand motor but i have had no luck in the past finding one, I got this one for $5800 plus freight, hoping the conversion goes well & i will then be able to start venturing a lot further from home & finally start planning some decent trips away

Oh way how exciting. She’s going to have some serious grunt now. Looking forward to see it come together.
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better

me too, been looking for a while now & saving hard to make it happen, once its in i will be starting to plan some trips a bit further away from home than i normally go
    just need for it to arrive so i can get it in, getting it all certified on the 22nd of May so i need to have it in and running by then,
    The engineer said it will just need a (stationary) exhaust noise test which he can do & a weighbridge ticket with the new engine in & it will be good to go

Exciting times head Barnsey!
    SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT"S CAMPING!
    My Touring GU Patrol
    Instagram

You Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSp...aj_9r3zvu9wNFg

engine arrived today, going to stay home over Easter & start pulling the front off the cruiser & see if i can get the 2h out, got a new rear mains seal for the 12ht and will go through all the gaskets before i put it in, will also check the water pump and anything else that's easier to look at and do while its on the ground

started getting the 2h ready to remove today, I'm a little further along than this pic, still a few things to do before i pull it out, should be getting close tomorrow, I tried getting hold of an engine hoist but supercheap were out of stock, decided i will give it a go with the A frame & block & tackle instead, have to see if i can lift it high enough first, will be letting the air out of the front tyres to get the front a bit lower, if that don't work i will need to wait until i can get an engine hoist