Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: My GUIV by Touring Rich. .

Touring Rich and his GUIV Patrol, Rolling on new boots..

I took the tyres for a run over the weekend to Pineapple Flat and up to Lake Cobbler. I'll post up a trip report when I get home. Everything ran
    smoothly.

Cheers

How many K's on the tyres Rich, I need to start thinking what I'll throw on the BT when the timings right?
    On Days Like This I'd Rather Be In The High Country

Front locker or rock sliders?

Quote Originally Posted by Tour'n View Post
    How many K's on the tyres Rich, I need to start thinking what I'll throw on the BT when the timings right?
    The rear tyres have done just under 20k since fitting them and seem to be wearing better then the previous set. The front have done around 35k I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Gavin View Post
    Front locker or rock sliders?
    Dave it is something I have often thought about but have never done. I'm still running open diffs and one of the side steps received a bit of remodelling when heading towards the Monkey Gum Fire trail when I went into a boghole with my camper trailer on.
    I also had a Kaymar Bar for it that was slightly damaged but I sold that as I needed the money at the time. I do like the Raaslar rear bars and they seem well priced.

I do miss running muddies and after a few sets of them and the highway/touring kilometers I do I wanted something that gets better kilometers.

Cheers
    Rich
    Last edited by Touring Rich; 16-02-13 at 10:06 AM.

Well it had to happen sooner or later but the OE battery has finally died, I was in the middle of a 42km bike ride when the phone rang and word of the death had been sent to me. We had spent countless trips together with you kicking the Patrol into life no matter what the conditions were.....

Almost 6 years old and just shy of 220k I think you served me well! You had taken plenty of punishment over that time so a new Century battery will be taking your place under the bonnet tomorrow.

Cheers
    Rich
    Last edited by Touring Rich; 24-03-13 at 09:10 PM. Reason: fixed my math...

Rich you are the battery God 7years out of a battery inspiring I must say , I,m now going out to the patrol ,open the bonnet and read this to those two black devils that reside there
    I,m pretty happy if I get two years out of mine
    Well played sir

Cheers Graham

Forum Master
    That's a bloody good run out a battery mate, really good service. I think we tend to take the box of sparks under the bonnet for granted, but that's as good as you could hope for.

Busy planning trips and mods... Red GU's Avatar
    The OE batteries seem to do well Rich. We are still on our OE battery but last service they said it wasn't capable of much load so I doubt it will cope with the cold of winter, will look at replacing it soon, probably with an AC Delco.

Dave
    Dave and Fiona

Seriously Hooked
    I always work on about 4 years out of a starter battery, anything after that is a bonus. You've done well Rich.

You won't be sorry with a Century mate (touch wood). I wouldn't buy anything else.

That's a incredible time span for a battery Rich, but as mentioned the OE batteries do last well.
    You will be amazed by the new battery, it'll spin the bushes out of the starter now!
    Lucky it happened at a ok time and not left you in the lurch.
    Did you notice it slowly being slower to start?

Regs
    Adam
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better