Thread: My weekend exploring the Blue Mountains area.

My weekend exploring the Blue Mountains area.

Well I have just had an amazing weekend driving around an awesome part of NSW. A few mates from Victoria including Tour'n joined up with another 4 vehicles from Sydney and the Gong, all up 8 4wds.
    I left Ballarat at 2pm Thursday and and met a mate in his Colorado at Tallarook and drove to Cootamundra for the first night.

Friday morning saw us make our way to Bathurst and had lunch on the mountain and got our lat supplies before heading to Lidsdale and catching up with Tour'n and 2 others.
    We then had a look at Blackfellas Hand and tackled a couple of tracks before heading to camp at Newnes.

A quick setup at camp then we went and explored the ruins before relaxing around a nice fire and the rest of the party arrived.

Saturday saw us drive to Jenolan caves and Kanangra wall .

We had lunch beside a beautiful river and after that drove on to Yerranderie where we had the tennis court site booked for us.

Sunday morning we had a tour of the town with the caretaker and then drove to Wombeyan caves and did a self guided tour before parting ways after lunch with our NSW mates and headed home.

I got home at 10:20 Sunday night after what can only be described as a sensational weekend getting a little taste of what the Blue Mountains is all about. Loved it!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mattsglxr; 05-04-16 at 05:11 PM.

Another fantastic trip for the memory banks mate.
    On Days Like This I'd Rather Be In The High Country

Very good i love the general area but alas have not done any 4x4 in the surrounds

Seriously Hooked
    Some great sites visited there.