Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seat Covers

Seat Covers

Im in the market for a new set of seat covers and chasing some reviews.
    I have "the Wet Seat" seat covers made from Neoprene like stubby coolers or wet suit material. They are fantastically comfortable however after 5 years of dragging my behind in and out i've killed the stitching and wearing a gaping hole in the bolstered section near the door.
    Im not bagging the product id recommend them for anyone but being new to 4wd'ing and finding that i like to get out and see what i'm up against means its very high traffic in the front seat department.

at the moment im torn between Blackduck, MSA and the Tuffseat. is there anything else on the market? or any feedback? and id like to keep my money inside Australia so not looking down the eBay path unless its the shopfront online

Forum Enthusiast
    The MSA canvas covers are good. Black duck also. Can't comment on the Tuffseat.

regards
    Geoff

I'm in the market too, Jamo, and only will buy Aussie made stuff too I've held off as I find the MSA canvas ones too hard and scratchy - keen on the Black Ducks but haven't felt them in the flesh

Seriously Hooked
    If the stitching wore through on your Wet Seat covers, you'll probably have the same problem with any canvas ones.

We run the MSA ones in the patrol and have done from the 2nd day we owned it (about 3 1/2 years now). These have copped a flogging from dogs, kids and cargo and I would have no problem highly recommending them to anyone. Ours, with a wash would come up almost like new.

Gary I don't think you would have the same issue with the stitching on the canvas ones. The neoprene ones tend to fail on the stitching due to the the stretch/ elasticity of the material compared to canvas.
    WALKABOUT 4WD & Camping Accessories www.gowalkabout.com.au

WALKABOUT Facebook pagehttps://www.facebook.com/gowalkabout?ref=hl

we went with supafit canvas seat covers based in WA from memory for the Hilux as we required Airbag compliance and they were a much better on the wallet compared to blackduck
    so far they are holding up well and no signs of ware
    http://www.supafitseatcovers.com.au/

The stitching survived on the drivers seat but the passengers side shows signs of the pinch where the 2 fabrics meet once again the stitching is fine.

Been using neoprene seat covers from dingo trails (https://dingotrails.com.au/) and they're lasting well mate

they're also waterproof which definitely helps alot when I'm out with the kids... They always make a mess

you could always give them a ring and find out more!

Full set of black duck on the cruiser have been great.
    Why fish for bream ,when i can camp and chase cod!!:

Bought neoprene seat covers from 4wd supacentre for the old Nissan, had them 2 years now with no issues, only negative is you can get a bit sweaty in shorts on hot days.