Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2015 Annual Meet @ Bendethera

A great read Richard thanks for the link!

Cheers
    SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT"S CAMPING!
    My Touring GU Patrol
    Instagram

You Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSp...aj_9r3zvu9wNFg

great report to all, love those last pics of the river crossings the water is so clear

PS. Was down at Bendethera last weekend. Axle pulled out of the diff again. Drove home with the front propeller shaft removed and centre diff lock on and little oil in the diff.
    Mechanic put in a second hand OEM CV from a wreck he had taken parts from. The problem CV, which had been replaced in Nyngan some years earlier, was 10mm shorter than the new replacement. OK on the bitumen but with full articulation on a two inch lift enough to disengage the spline. Most likely Chinese aftermarket.
    Richard
    Pushbike Postie
    2005 Landcruiser TD100
    Profile and Images

You haven't had a good run with CV's Richard.
    I remember you breaking one in the bush near Killingworth a few years back. That was a ride home on a tilt tray if I remember correctly though.

Seriously Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by richardw View Post
    PS. Was down at Bendethera last weekend. Axle pulled out of the diff again. Drove home with the front propeller shaft removed and centre diff lock on and little oil in the diff.
    Mechanic put in a second hand OEM CV from a wreck he had taken parts from. The problem CV, which had been replaced in Nyngan some years earlier, was 10mm shorter than the new replacement. OK on the bitumen but with full articulation on a two inch lift enough to disengage the spline. Most likely Chinese aftermarket.
    Hope that's the end of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyks View Post
    You haven't had a good run with CV's Richard.
    I remember you breaking one in the bush near Killingworth a few years back. That was a ride home on a tilt tray if I remember correctly though.
    Yep. Loose axle also severed the brake line which was clamped to get me to the bitumen. Also did the radiator that weekend as well.
    Richard
    Pushbike Postie
    2005 Landcruiser TD100
    Profile and Images