Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intro - No. 2

Just a 10 min job, what could possibly go wrong? Hauler's Avatar

Intro - No. 2

I have been off the forum for a while, not intentionally but due to a combination of work and my case of 40 series Landcruiser sickness! So I figured a re-intro is probably due.

Still got my 80 series - no recent major upgrades except had an intercooler fitted and turbo tuned by XXI so goes a lot better now.

Still got our soft floor mod con camper which unfortunately spends way too much time in the garage and not enough time getting dirty.

Not doing our big trip this year, timing just wasn't right with work and other stuff. We're going to make an effort to do more weekend and short break trips rather than the one big trip per year now. We'll see how that goes.

Finally, this is still a top forum and thanks to Gary for not de-activating my login after being away for so long!

Welcome back.
    Cheers,

Frank

If you haven't grown up by age 60, you don't have to.

Good to have you back Hauler!

Cheers
    Rich
    SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT"S CAMPING!
    My Touring GU Patrol
    Instagram

You Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSp...aj_9r3zvu9wNFg

Forum Enthusiast Aaron Schubert's Avatar
    Welcome back mate!

Aaron

Welcome back,

Those that are retired are pretty lucky. Alas some of us still have to work, bugger.

The camper, caravan, boat what ever sits in the drive idol. The seals perishing.

But comes the time when all is good weekend , month or year, lets get out of here enjoy

Welcome back
    WALKABOUT 4WD & Camping Accessories www.gowalkabout.com.au

WALKABOUT Facebook pagehttps://www.facebook.com/gowalkabout?ref=hl

Just a 10 min job, what could possibly go wrong? Hauler's Avatar
    I didn't want to start an "Intro No. 3" thread so this will do. The last couple of years have been a bit challenging - not just busy at work but I've had a few health challenges to sort out. I'm as on top of things as I can be right now but it's all helped me realise that all the things I have been saving for retirement need to happen earlier whilst I have the income and ability to do them - camping and outback touring being a big one. We have upgraded our camper to a brand new FF1 from Modcon, are in the process of selling the other one and have committed to getting out a whole lot more. I'll put up some info on the new camper when I get a chance.

Formally lived in Blue Mts NSW now live Brisbane Northside
    I can only agree with you Hauler, we are at a point of our lives (53) that we now believe it is the time to do a few things now as delaying it may mean it never happens due to events beyond your control. We have seen others quickly stopped in their tracks due to illness (and death) and then watch others who struggle due to age n fitness to be able to fully experience the beauty and attractions when they hit the road.
    We are now working on a plan that will see us get a sabbatical from the daily grind of work and do some travels.
    My wheels of choice 150 GX Prado towing a Jayco 12.37 Outback Expanda

Is it beer o'clock yet? outback jack's Avatar
    Good onya Hauler welcome back

EVERYWHERE I GO I BRING HAPPINESS, SOMETIMES ITS WHEN I ARRIVE, BUT ITS USUALLY WHEN I LEAVE

Can understand where you are coming from mate I bet you are loooking forward to getting out with the new camper and a big welcome back mate
    Fishing for a good time starts with dropping in a line

Follow me on Insta @pacs_adventures #4wdadventurerscom @4wdadventurers Greg