Thread: Chainsaw courier advice?

Chainsaw courier advice?

I have a bloke interested in my chainsaw that he saw on gumtree and lives in Brisbane. Does anyone know who freights items that have carried fuel? It will be empty but will still have fumes.

I sold a secondhand saw for parts to someone on ebay a while back & sent it to him via a local freight company. Just emptied the fuel tank, wrapped the lot up in a couple of chook feed sacks & delivered to the depot. I asked about the fuel tank & they said “As long as it’s empty it’ll be ok”. More recently I had the same response (from a different freight company- Quicks Freight near Ballarat) when sending a motorcycle I sold online to someone who lived in Canberra.

Thanks Cuppa.

Matt try e-go.com.au, im just about to give them a shot

Seriously Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    I've used them a few times. Parcel has always got to the right place at the right price.

Good to know mate , peace of mind is a good thing
    Cheers

I use Ego a fair bit and they are generally good, but photograph your freight with measurements just to be sure. They once slugged me for a parcel being 3 times the size it was, they just took the extra payment from credit card.

They would only communicate via email despite numerous requests from me to speak to someone, they also couldn't provide any proof that their measurements were correct and refused to accept my photographic evidence as to the size of the parcel.

Ultimately I launched a fraudulent charge case through my credit card provider, at which point they caved and refunded my money, my photographic evidence meant they couldn't argue, at least not with a major credit card company.

Cheers Andrew
    Why would I buy something for $10 when I can make it for $20

2009 120 Prado http://www.4wdadventurers.com/showth...AJ-s-120-Prado
    HZJ79 Cruiser http://www.4wdadventurers.com/showth...ies-Cruser-Ute

Did a ring around today and found some big price differences from Toll at $186 with no insurance, next was couple of smaller couriers around the $120-150 with insurance then on the way home after work dropped into Australia Post and was surprised they quoted me $70-$80 with insurance they wouldn't express post it but truck it up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Thanks mate I might look them up tomorrow.

Just an update on the posting of the saw, I ended up going with Australia Post i said to them the package would weigh about 12-13 kg but it came in at 17.5 kg oops. Still only cost me $85 with insurance for $1100. Sent it off last Thursday after school pickup and he got it in Brisbane on Monday! Quicker than sending a letter lol. Happy with the service.
    Last edited by mattsglxr; 05-06-15 at 05:27 AM.