Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turon NP - The Diggings campsite (RP)

Forum Master

Turon NP - The Diggings campsite (RP)

Good Evening All

Me and a few friends who had not seen each other for too long decided, after much debate, to catch up at the above mentioned venue. We all arrived on Friday, some before lunch and some after.

GT and Scott Arrived in Thunderbird - they camped in 2 Jet Bunkers (nice pieces of kit)

Adam turned up in his melodious GU, - he had his old swag on a stretcher, but this time there were added cable ties

Graham and Kathy in the silver 200, including Grandcraps. He only used this becasue his chainsaw couldn't carry all the food for the weekend - they camped in a Blackwolf tent

Me and Karena turned up in Paddy - as ususal we camped in KT

Then surprisingly Greig and Helen turned up 2nd last ( I am sure that secretly Greig was not happy about that one little bit) in his new (to him) 200 - as usual the Lurve Shack was in tow

And lastly but not leastly CRW and Julieanne turned up in the dark in their tyre bursting 200 - they had the CC hardfloor in tow.

We went for a bit of a drive around on Saturday. Firstly up to the Pinnacles and then back to camp for lunch. After a long lunch some headed out to the end of the NP up near the Turon Gates luxury property.

Smokey and I went for a drive up the river after the kids had had a swim.................I struck a little whoopsy and nearly ended up in the river a lot further than I intended. There was a high tide mark 3/4s up the side of the car.......... no water inside though.

4wding wasn't too intense with only a few small challenges outside of the river drives. But it was still fun and I had a good time playing with my new toy. There may be a video of GT with a few feet of air under the front wheels

I would like to thank all who attended. It was fantastic to see you all and I hope we can do it again soon. I really enjoyed the fireside chats......hhhhmmmmmmm educational and amusing!

I will add my pics in the post below and I'm sure other people will add them if they can
    Last edited by Nick74; 20-02-15 at 09:40 AM.
    Fresh meat tastes the best

Forum Master

Forum Master

Forum Master

Forum Master
    Smokey in da river

Forum Master
    And I hope this is the video that shows Paddy nearly sliding in a big hole in the river. Its teh part where Harry nearly drops the phone

Thanks for watching and reading and apologies for the crappy phone pics.

EDIT - Sorry can't get video to load up. D'OH!!!

Nice one guys would have been a great weekend
    cant wait to catch up with everyone as the next annual

Good job Nick. Carl's got the video of Thunderbird airborne. After watching it I decided it felt a lot worse than it looked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously Hooked
    Good to hear from you again Nick, and it's great to see your camping group out living the dream still.

Nice camping spot and great swimming hole