Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: (NSW) Bylong Creek 4X4 Recreation Park NSW (Feb 2012)

Rich. I've run over my Internet data allowance and so my download speed has been reduced to much less than dial up speed, and so Vimeo keeps going into error when I try and download the videos.

I have two videos ready to go, but it will have to wait until the 10th of the month, sorry.

No worries Gary! I'm sure it will be worth the wait! I'll post up my camping from last weekend tomorrow night. I haven't done it yet because I'm in the same boat as you!

Cheers
    Last edited by Touring Rich; 08-03-12 at 07:16 AM.

I'm another who is keen to get out there for an explore.

Cheers
    Steve

I'm retired, just go round me. Glenn's Avatar
    The drive along Bylong Valley Way is one of my favourites. We have driven it several times. A fortnight ago we were on our way home from Dunn's Swamp and Lake Windamere after spending a week with kayaking friends. We were early arrivals on an accident when a mature motor cyclist on his large Ducati didn't make it around the first major bend after Rylstone. Spent a couple of hours giving assistance and directing traffic whilst Ambulance, Police, Resuce Helicopter and Firebrigade all attended.

Glenn it used to be a shocking road from Sandy Hollow over the range to Bylong a few years back, but once all the bitumen was laid it has turned into a good trip.

Here's a couple of videos from our weekend away at Bylong Creek 4X4.

Looks like fun!

Banned
    Well I never thought I'd watch a Vidio titled Bobs Knob but there you go.......looks like a lot of fun Gary thanks for the post

When we were out at Bylong Creek 4X4, Bruce Kerney the owner of the property gave us a little history about the area, and mentioned in this the Lady Bushranger (Elizabeth Jessie Hickman), who was infamous around the area in years gone by, and who had been known to his family. He mentioned that there was a book about this woman, and it was well worth getting.

Here's couple of links. One to a book seller, and one to a PDF which the author of the book has produced on some of the updates since writing the book.

The-Lady-Bushranger-The-Life-of-Elizabeth-Jessie-Hickman

lady_bushranger_update.pdf

Looks like a good spot with plenty of room for a get together.

Cheers
    Parry

When we were out at Bylong Creek 4X4, Bruce Kerney the owner of the property gave us a little history about the area, and mentioned in this the Lady Bushrange (Elizabeth Jessie Hickman), who was infamous around the area in years gone by, and who had been known to his family. He mentioned that there was a book about this woman, and it was well worth getting.
    When we went to Goulburn River NP last Easter, we did a walk with the ranger and a local historian who knew so much about the history of the area. The lady bushranger was mentioned of course and also Jimmy Blacksmith who apparentently spent a lot of time in those parts. It was a couple of hours well spent and I always did mean to find out more. Thanks for the links Gary. I'll think I'll have a look at those books

Cheers, Glenyse
    Last edited by GlenyseT; 11-03-12 at 09:42 AM.