Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fat Bikes

What did you buy Dave? I just bought a Giant Talon.
    On Days Like This I'd Rather Be In The High Country

Busy planning trips and mods... Red GU's Avatar
    We ended up with Trek bikes. Fiona got a DS8.3 and I got a DS8.4. Nothing fancy but they look like good quality and hopefully will assist me in getting into a smaller size pair of jeans... Only been for four rides to date, averaging just over 20Km/h. I am trying to find a route that I can ride regularly but at present I'm doing between 11 and 14Km but I want something longer, maybe 20 to 25Km. It may just need to be out the highway for 10 - 15Km then turn around and come back.

We would like to ride some of the rail trails, particularly the one from Wangaratta to Bright.

Dave
    Dave and Fiona

Rail trails are often scenic dave and the gradient is user friendly too! You can't go wrong with Trek mate
    SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT"S CAMPING!
    My Touring GU Patrol
    Instagram

You Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSp...aj_9r3zvu9wNFg

Busy planning trips and mods... Red GU's Avatar
    Trek is sold locally by a newish shop that hasn't been here for long but the people in there were the best from one of the other shops I looked at a while back and I figured with all the brands I liked which were all big name with decent reputations the assistance given in the store selling Trek was 10/10 compared to about 2-4/10 at the other stores so went with them mainly based on that. They also spent ages adjusting each bike to suit each of us. Millimetre adjustments of seat height and position, handlebars, handgrips, brake levers, etc so that I feel totally comfortable on the bike.

Dave
    Dave and Fiona