Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacs - Toyota Hilux SR5

These things happen. Never good timing. Hope it is not too expensive. As you say, fingers crossed.

At least you got to save some fuel on the way back to Bendigo.
    The only thing better than fishing... is catching a fish...

Quote Originally Posted by OffRoadDave View Post
    That's a bugger pacs! Strange for a pump to come loose but not unheard of on other vehicles, so I guess the Hilux is susceptible to the same problem.

At least it's not worse, when you said a smell of diesel and stopping, my first thought was the injector problem that's known to happen with the D4D.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Yeah my partners uncle had his pump come loose on his 09 SR and had the pump replaced under warranty that was some time back so wondering if this is similar issue

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey2.8 View Post
    Good news she’s running and no damage done. But loose pump,,,,,odd.
    Best of luck mate
    Yeah was good to hear it tick over again just need to get to the bottom of this pump issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Harps View Post
    These things happen. Never good timing. Hope it is not too expensive. As you say, fingers crossed.

At least you got to save some fuel on the way back to Bendigo.
    Not sure about that mate was a fair bit of diesel dripping from the engine big trail up the road and a fair bit on the tray when we unloaded her in bendigo but as you say these things happen to all cars and she has done 230k now not bad for first issue
    Fishing for a good time starts with dropping in a line

Follow me on Insta @pacs_adventures #4wdadventurerscom @4wdadventurers Greg

Lucky mate it could have been a lot worse....glad she's running again mate

Thunderbirds are go

Quote Originally Posted by king kahuna View Post
    Lucky mate it could have been a lot worse....glad she's running again mate
    Yeah thats it mate you can service do everything that's required and these things still happen that's just mechanics can't complain 230k on the clock and first time its left me stranded at first I thought it was elec then the engine light came on and the smell of diesel in the cabin I thought it was just a perishable line.

Didn't get back to the workshop tonight to do anymore work as we have to work out why the pump is loose or if its at fault next

Fingers crossed its a one in a million fault that can be easily fixed and never happen again mate.

Thunderbirds are go

Thanks mate fingers crossed

Never a good feeling when you need to get a tow truck, years ago I did a water pump on a V8 VC Commy, coolant everywhere. I said just send a flat bed....they said no sorry we have to send roadside assist first. He turned up then 2 minutes later called a towie.

I hope it all sorted soon mate.

Cheers
    SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT"S CAMPING!
    My Touring GU Patrol
    Instagram

You Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSp...aj_9r3zvu9wNFg

Quote Originally Posted by Touring Rich View Post
    Never a good feeling when you need to get a tow truck, years ago I did a water pump on a V8 VC Commy, coolant everywhere. I said just send a flat bed....they said no sorry we have to send roadside assist first. He turned up then 2 minutes later called a towie.

I hope it all sorted soon mate.

Cheers
    Yeah I was lucky I got to speak with the Mechanic whom would have been attending explained all I had done and he said yep sounds like there is no point me coming I'll send the flatbed truck so that saved some time but they still wanted to check it over something about if they can fix it within 3 days they get the job they had a fair bit on in the workshop so took a look agreed that the issue couldn't be resolved in the time frame and said they would tow me to where I needed to go back in Bendigo so that was luck but if I was not mechanicaly minded at all I guess it would have been longer and drawn out waiting for mechanic and then tow truck

So just a brief update we found that it looks like two of the bolts that hold the diesel pump on seem to be missing though we cant see any threads in there when we called toyota they said the new ones come with lock tight and from the images they sent us it does seem that we are missing two bolts so I'm now interested to know whats going on here... if it is a replacement pump I was quoted just over a grand and I'm told by my mate that its pretty cheep as the ZD30 pumps normally cost him around 3k so fingers crossed I can get this all resolved this week.

hmm starting to seem a little strange to me I can only see two bolts in the toyota diagrams now that I've obtained from the service manual software.. I'll update once I know more.