Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Graham and Kathys new LC200 GXL.

Nothing beats the knowledge and satisfaction of doing such tasks yourself knowing its done ‘correctly’.

80k is a pretty good run mate.

Smokey
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better

Hi everyone.

Another update on the beast. Have replaced both batteries now with Optima D34s both sides. I have a red top cranking and a yellow top for deep cycle. The ability to survive a deep discharge and come back was the appeal for me. Just remember you'll need a D34 and a D34L to make it all work or your terminal posts will be wrong.

Also had an issue with my CDL light flashing on start up. Traced the issue to crappy contacts on the electrical plugs on the top of the transfer case. Some contact cleaner and electrolytic grease works wonders. I also cycle the centre diff lock now when I go to my country block as it can stick. If you get the flashing light don't go to Toyota, they will get the 18yr old apprentice to change the CDL actuator and slug you $2500 for the experience. Be warned.
    Regards
    Graham

2014 200 Series GXL Landcruiser, ARB GVM Upgrade, ARB bulbar, GME 80ch UHF, rear storage system, split battery system, snorkel, torque converter lockup kit.

I have only had the flashing light once on startup....went away after a 20k drive .
    Every now and then before turning the 4wd off, I'll put it in low range and engage the CDL. A lot of times the CDL light will stay flashing instead of going out when turned off, which is fixed by turning the 4wd off and restarting. Lack of 4wd use is probably the culprit !!

Graham you’ve had a good run out of the first set of batteries mate. Optima have a great reputation so you should be good there.
    The CDL is not only common on the 200’s also Ofer makes. So using it every now and again would be a great cheap way to keep it operational.

Smokey
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better

Hi everyone.

My next plan for the 200 is to upgrade the headlights. I am sorted when on high beam with the Lightforce spotties but when I am on low beam it is absolutely rubbish.

As HID aren't really an option anymore I am looking at LED options. Open to suggestions on what people think may work the best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Regards
    Graham

2014 200 Series GXL Landcruiser, ARB GVM Upgrade, ARB bulbar, GME 80ch UHF, rear storage system, split battery system, snorkel, torque converter lockup kit.

Bitumen! A complete waste of money. mudduck's Avatar
    I fitted led upgrades to our 200 from eBay they're awesome, Check them out in my 200 build three in the signature.
    Cheers Steve. VK2UD

Mudduck's 4wd Touring
    2010 200 Series twin turbo V8 Diesel 200kw of screaming Toyota Muscle
    2017 Ford Ranger turbo diesel with some stuff

200 Tourer
    Ranger
    Camper

Youtube

Have been reading your thread mate. Some of your mods make me envious.

One other thing I remembered to do was to change the battery type on the BCDC to get the correct charging profile on the Optimas. Had no problems with them at all but they haven't been tested to the max yet.
    Last edited by Graham99; 06-04-19 at 09:13 PM.
    Regards
    Graham

Bitumen! A complete waste of money. mudduck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham99 View Post
    Have been reading your thread mate. Some of your mods make me envious.

One other thing I remembered to do was to change the battery type on the BCDC to get the correct charging profile on the Optimas. Had no problems with them at all but they haven't been tested to the max yet.
    Sounds like its coming along well mate.
    Cheers Steve. VK2UD

Mudduck's 4wd Touring
    2010 200 Series twin turbo V8 Diesel 200kw of screaming Toyota Muscle
    2017 Ford Ranger turbo diesel with some stuff

200 Tourer
    Ranger
    Camper

Youtube