Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Red GU's White Navara

Superb job on the canopy Dave, it has come up a treat , may have to go over to Justin's site and have a look at that light
    Cheers

Busy planning trips and mods... Red GU's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Superb job on the canopy Dave, it has come up a treat , may have to go over to Justin's site and have a look at that light
    Cheers
    Still a work in progress Graham. I've ordered the remote locking kit to go with the canopy so I can open it without having to use a key. (lazy aren't I)

Dave
    Dave and Fiona

Dunno about being lazy Dave , smart is the way I think of it , keeping the keys on you can be quite handy , or you could be like me I just leave the keys in it if I'm nearby , I have trouble remembering anything
    The remote for the canopy will be money well spent , I've got mates who have had similar set ups , and they reckon it ace , as they know the rear is locked ,when the button is pushed to lock the car , think back to the old days when there was no central locking , you would have to make sure all doors were locked, then lock the drivers door with your key , no thanks ,gimme central locking anytime
    What kind of reverse lights /work lights lights are you going to use on the Navara , I've got a pair of those 100mm sq LEDs in the toolbox you can have them if you want , but I found that they were too bloody bright , if you tried to look in the back of the Patrol your retinas would be fried , so I went to the half sized ones , much better , the bigger ones would light up a big area , but going to the rear of the car you needed a welding helmet to see
    Be interesting to see what's new out there now
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Dunno about being lazy Dave , smart is the way I think of it , keeping the keys on you can be quite handy , or you could be like me I just leave the keys in it if I'm nearby , I have trouble remembering anything
    The remote for the canopy will be money well spent , I've got mates who have had similar set ups , and they reckon it ace , as they know the rear is locked ,when the button is pushed to lock the car , think back to the old days when there was no central locking , you would have to make sure all doors were locked, then lock the drivers door with your key , no thanks ,gimme central locking anytime
    What kind of reverse lights /work lights lights are you going to use on the Navara , I've got a pair of those 100mm sq LEDs in the toolbox you can have them if you want , but I found that they were too bloody bright , if you tried to look in the back of the Patrol your retinas would be fried , so I went to the half sized ones , much better , the bigger ones would light up a big area , but going to the rear of the car you needed a welding helmet to see
    Be interesting to see what's new out there now
    Cheers
    I have four lights mounted on the rear of the Navara, all are 10W LED lights, each about 50mm square. Two are floor beams and two are spot beams. I have them wired sot that they come on with reverse and they are also individually switched so that I can turn on either the pair on the left, the pair on the right or all four at once. I pity the people that live across the road because when I reverse out of our driveway I light up the front of their house... So thanks for the offer of lights but that is all taken care of thanks. If you want to give them away I'm sure there are other deserving persons out there, maybe some younger family starting out in their 4wd adventures.

Dave
    Dave and Fiona

Looks great Dave first class work as usual mate!

Cheers
    Rich
    SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT"S CAMPING!
    My Touring GU Patrol
    Instagram

You Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSp...aj_9r3zvu9wNFg

Looks good dave
    WALKABOUT 4WD & Camping Accessories www.gowalkabout.com.au

WALKABOUT Facebook pagehttps://www.facebook.com/gowalkabout?ref=hl

Looking great once again Dave. The colour match looks spot on too.
    On Days Like This I'd Rather Be In The High Country

Our Navara is now a shell of its former self. The drawers, water tank, compressor battery, solar gear and redarc BCDC are all gone from the rear, the canopy has it's standard rails back on, the winch is out and the plug n Go is out. It still has all teh gear that was specific for that vehicle, suspension, long range tank, bullbar, underbody protection, etc as well as the Genesis lights and Stedi light bar on it along with a 40ch UHF. It will be a great buy for someone. It has been an awesome vehicle but it turned 5 yo the other day and with the lease expiring I need to move it on. New car expected on 26th Feb once the GVM upgrade and dealer accessories are fitted.
    Dave and Fiona

I guess that answers my question on other thread.
    Cars all round atm for us.
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better

5 years! Time flies
    SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT"S CAMPING!
    My Touring GU Patrol
    Instagram

You Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSp...aj_9r3zvu9wNFg