Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 112

Thread: Red GU's White Navara

  1. #1
    Busy planning trips and mods... Red GU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Howlong
    Posts
    2,639

    Red GU's White Navara

    Shortly we should pick up our new travelling companion. Hopefully it will turn out to be as reliable as the Patrol. It certainly has the features we were looking for in another car, the main one being good towing ability. Nothing else we tested came close. As for the rest of it, very happy also with more safety features and lots of creature comforts. We are purchasing from a dealer we have not used before but who have a very good reputation amongst people locally and all our dealings with them to date have been great. They are a dealer situated in a small town of only a couple of hundred people and they just seem very down to earth, willing and happy to please with no BS to sift through...

    Pics of ours will come as soon as it is in residence at our place, it shouldn't be too long as the dealer had one in stock so it just needs a towbar fitted and the rest of the accessories I will get done as time permits. Eventually I plan to replace the tub with a steel tray with battery compartment, water tank, fridge slide, racks, etc but probably will do that closer to xmas as it will take me a while to design it and work out exactly how to make it all work. The camera in the tailgate needs to be relocated to the same height and offset for it to work.


    Anyway a couple of pics from the web site... ours however will be white



    The new car by Dave vZ, on Flickr


    The new car by Dave vZ, on Flickr


    Dave
    Dave and Fiona

  2. #2
    The Boss Smokey2.8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sth Sydney
    Posts
    4,325
    Oh very nice choice mate, 2.5L or V6 TD?

    Smokey
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

    2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better

  3. #3
    No, it doesn't leak oil. Redback's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Helensburgh NSW
    Posts
    2,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Red GU View Post
    Shortly we should pick up our new travelling companion. Hopefully it will turn out to be as reliable as the Patrol. It certainly has the features we were looking for in another car, the main one being good towing ability. Nothing else we tested came close. As for the rest of it, very happy also with more safety features and lots of creature comforts. We are purchasing from a dealer we have not used before but who have a very good reputation amongst people locally and all our dealings with them to date have been great. They are a dealer situated in a small town of only a couple of hundred people and they just seem very down to earth, willing and happy to please with no BS to sift through...

    Pics of ours will come as soon as it is in residence at our place, it shouldn't be too long as the dealer had one in stock so it just needs a towbar fitted and the rest of the accessories I will get done as time permits. Eventually I plan to replace the tub with a steel tray with battery compartment, water tank, fridge slide, racks, etc but probably will do that closer to xmas as it will take me a while to design it and work out exactly how to make it all work. The camera in the tailgate needs to be relocated to the same height and offset for it to work.


    Anyway a couple of pics from the web site... ours however will be white



    The new car by Dave vZ, on Flickr


    The new car by Dave vZ, on Flickr


    Dave
    Great news mate, the D40 is a pretty good tow mule that's for sure.

    Let the mods begin

    What about Dave n Fiona
    Cheers Baz.

    2011 Discovery 4 (With the Lot)
    Lightweight Camper
    2000 BMW F650 GS
    1973 Kawasaki H2-A Project Now Finished
    2007 VW Golf Mk V TDi

    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

  4. #4
    Keen as mustard king kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mudgee nsw
    Posts
    1,862
    Very nice mate,what did you end up doing with the GU ? Trade or private sale,


    Thunderbirds are go

  5. #5
    Seriously Hooked
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    11,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Redback View Post

    What about Dave n Fiona
    I don't think we have a just plain "Dave" yet.

    Name changes are easy mate, just let me know.



    Well done Dave and Fiona, it's hard to get that Nissan out of the blood.

    I to am keen to know if it's the V6 diesel.

    Love the idea of the tray replacement. It would give you a massive amount of space.

    Penny and I, have future plans for a single cab ute of some sort, with a tray body on it as well. We might be able to follow your build as a good example.

  6. #6
    Forum Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northside Brisbane
    Posts
    2,015
    Congrats on the new rig Dave. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

    I hope its the V6 - they go like sh1t off a shiny shovel.
    Looking at the second pic the badge on the Rh side of the tailgate tells you it's the big banger. Could be wrong tho

    http://www.superiorengineering.com.a...oducts_id=3588
    Fresh meat tastes the best

  7. #7
    Seriously Hooked
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    11,416
    You're not on commission are you Nick.

  8. #8
    DIY Proffessional Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    SanRemo NSW
    Posts
    1,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Penny and I, have future plans for a single cab ute of some sort, with a tray body on it as well.
    That is reeaaally planning ahead, you havent even dented the JK yet.
    Cheers Jon


  9. #9
    Busy planning trips and mods... Red GU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Howlong
    Posts
    2,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey2.8 View Post
    Oh very nice choice mate, 2.5L or V6 TD?

    Smokey
    3.0 V6 They only come in auto so that will be something new to me. My current work car is auto but I have not bought an auto since my very first car 30 odd years ago and I always have said I like manuals for 4wding.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redback View Post
    Great news mate, the D40 is a pretty good tow mule that's for sure.

    Let the mods begin

    What about Dave n Fiona
    Yes, need to make decisions on mods. The big ones will get done early on then the rest I will do as we go. There is no Safari snorkel for the V6 yet so that one has to wait as I don't like the Nissan one.

    Quote Originally Posted by king kahuna View Post
    Very nice mate,what did you end up doing with the GU ? Trade or private sale,
    It stays with us for the hard 4wding. The Navara is going to be a work car that doubles as a weekend tow vehicle that also has some 4wd ability. Being a work car I want to keep it looking respectable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I don't think we have a just plain "Dave" yet.

    Name changes are easy mate, just let me know.



    Well done Dave and Fiona, it's hard to get that Nissan out of the blood.

    I to am keen to know if it's the V6 diesel.

    Love the idea of the tray replacement. It would give you a massive amount of space.

    Penny and I, have future plans for a single cab ute of some sort, with a tray body on it as well. We might be able to follow your build as a good example.
    As we are keeping the Patrol I was trying to think of a user name that combines the GU and the 550 without sounding like I have a GU with a 550 motor in it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick74 View Post
    Congrats on the new rig Dave. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

    I hope its the V6 - they go like sh1t off a shiny shovel.
    Looking at the second pic the badge on the Rh side of the tailgate tells you it's the big banger. Could be wrong tho

    http://www.superiorengineering.com.a...oducts_id=3588
    You are not wrong Nick, the STX and STX 550 twin cabs both get the V6. Don't know why they don't put the V6 into the STX Space cab.



    Dave
    Dave and Fiona

  10. #10
    Forum Master GlenyseT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Western Plains NSW
    Posts
    1,892
    You're adding a ute to the GU and we're adding a GU to our ute looking forward to hearing more when it arrives.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •