Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: (VIC) Mt Buller High Country MTB Weekend Adventure

Seriously Hooked

(VIC) Mt Buller High Country MTB Weekend Adventure

Sounds like a strenuous weekend Rich. The shuttles are a good idea for multiple runs, but I think I'd only have to buy one ticket.

Sounds like it was an awesome trip Rich, one which I hope to get along to myself one day, didn't you replace that chain a little while back, sounds a bit strange that you are the new one already?

(VIC) Mt Buller High Country MTB Weekend Adventure

Yeah I did replace it maybe 7 months ago. I think it would have done around 2000km since then. We are always riding in dust and dirt etc but in saying that it is always well lubed.

On Saturday night the legs were fine I was a bit tired in the hands though. Just from hanging on! After the one long run in Sunday morning the hands were again a bit stiff but I think better suspension and a new bike would help it a bit!

I had a ride on Clarkeys GT for around 1km on a good flowing downhill section of the Delatite run an the difference in bikes was very noticable with his being much newer than mine. Let's just say he was happy to give mine back lol. His words were How do you ride this thing it's dangerous? lol!

Cheers
    Last edited by Touring Rich; 16-01-13 at 09:27 AM.
    SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT"S CAMPING!
    My Touring GU Patrol
    Instagram

You Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSp...aj_9r3zvu9wNFg

Re: (VIC) Mt Buller High Country MTB Weekend Adventure

Lol it's a wonder you stop on the hills with those v brakes, I know the brakes on my bike are horrible and can't wait to get something with discs front & rear.

Sent from my GT-I9100
    Cheers Dave

My farm ute

Great report Rich
    On Days Like This I'd Rather Be In The High Country

Busy planning trips and mods... Red GU's Avatar
    Looks like you had a good time Rich. Are you heading up again over the next couple of weekends Rich? Downhill races both weekends, one of them being the state championships I think. A work colleague has kids riding for the Norco team, takes them all over the state and they seem to do pretty well.

Dave
    Dave and Fiona

Great report mate......at least you had the sense to only go downhill..

You need to have a ride on an old rigid frame mountain bike !!!......then you'll think yours is the ducks guts !!

I dunno, but I worked out yrs ago that you can get 2 wheel things with a motor in them !!!

Good stuff there Rich. What a great weekend, a 4wd, bikes, beer, snags and all the rest.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Tour'n View Post
    Great report Rich
    Cheers Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Red GU View Post
    Looks like you had a good time Rich. Are you heading up again over the next couple of weekends Rich? Downhill races both weekends, one of them being the state championships I think. A work colleague has kids riding for the Norco team, takes them all over the state and they seem to do pretty well.

Dave
    Gday Dave, No not heading up there this weekend mate. I have seen several good quality downhill races they sure are action packed, I hope you mates kids do well again!

Quote Originally Posted by greig View Post
    Great report mate......at least you had the sense to only go downhill..

You need to have a ride on an old rigid frame mountain bike !!!......then you'll think yours is the ducks guts !!

I dunno, but I worked out yrs ago that you can get 2 wheel things with a motor in them !!!
    We used to ride the 4WD tracks around Jamieson on a rigid MTB back before they came out with shocks tracks like Gallows Tk for one down into Grannys Flat etc.
    I have ridden my old hard tail with just front susp. on many High Country tracks, From the Slate Mine down into Mitchells Flat out to Wrens Flat was an awesome ride!

Dont worry there was plenty of uphill on the weekend. We don't shy away from climbing hills it's so we can reap the rewards on the way down. I have a hill near home that climbs 17km, from 150m to just over 1200m. It's a good climb with no repreive on a dual suspension MTB!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by tcf View Post
    Good stuff there Rich. What a great weekend, a 4wd, bikes, beer, snags and all the rest.

Cheers
    Mate it was awesome fun, great weather too! The tracks were very dusty on saturday but a bit of drizzle on saturday night settled the dust a bit for sunday morning which was good!

Cheers
    Rich
    My Touring GU Patrol
    Instagram

A short clip of the River Run. For those that drive the Circuit road towards Howqua Gap Hut this track comes off there. This was at the end of a long days riding, the front shocks were leaking, flat number 5 and not much brakes left!

I cant wait to get up there on my new bike sooner rather than later!

Cheers
    My Touring GU Patrol
    Instagram