• 1 tsp bi-carb soda
    • 3 tsp ground ginger
    • 2 Tbsp golden syrup
    • Extra flour, for kneading
    • 1 egg white
    • 2 cups pure icing sugar, sifted
    • Cachous, to decorate

1. Preheat oven to 180*C.

Line 3 oven trays with baking paper. Put butter and sugar in a bowl, beat with electric beater until light and creamy. Add egg and beat until combined.

2. Sift flour, bi-carb soda and ginger over butter mixture. Put golden syrup in microwave jug and cook on high/100% for 10-20 sec. until just warm (it'll go runny). Add to butter mixture and stir until well combined.

3. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead. Roll out dough, in batches between 2 sheets of baking paper to 3mm thick. Using star-shaped biscuit cutters, cut out 6 each of 9.5cm and 3.5cm stars, 12 each of 8cm, 6.5cm and 5cm stars. Press remaining dough together, re-roll and cut out to make all 48 stars. Transfer to prepared trays, about 3cm apart. Bake, 1 tray at a time, 10-12 min. or until golden and firm to touch. Cool completely on trays.

4. Meanwhile, to make icing, whisk egg white in a bowl until foamy, add icing sugar, (making sure to sift icing sugar) 1/2 cup at a time, stirring between each addition until a smooth paste forms. Spoon into piping fitted with 3mm nozzle and pipe around edge of each star, placing a cachous on each star point. Set aside for 30 min. for icing to set. Reserve remaining icing in piping bag.

5. To assemble, put largest stars on a clean surface. Pipe a small amount of icing onto center of each star. Top each with next largest star, at an offset angle, followed by next smallest size star. Repeat process with icing and stars in order of size, setting at offset angles and finishing with smallest on top, standing on its points. (You should have two stars of the same size but at angles to one another, but going from largest to smallest star). And for some reason, I had leftover stars, hence the smaller trees. Also my cutters are six points stars cutters where on the recipe picture they used 5 point star cutters, I had a bit of trouble fitting the smaller stars on top of one another because of the cachous being closer together, the five point would work better.

6. Set trees aside for a further 30 min. until icing is set firmly. Serve.
    * Wrap in Cellophane to give as gifts, or they are also perfect as table decorations.
    *You can buy sets of star cutters from kitchenware stores.

Last edited by PJ; 10-12-12 at 06:29 PM.

yum send one down thank you

My tummy's rumbling just loooking at them

Is it beer o'clock yet? outback jack's Avatar
    they look great PJ

EVERYWHERE I GO I BRING HAPPINESS, SOMETIMES ITS WHEN I ARRIVE, BUT ITS USUALLY WHEN I LEAVE

They look delicious Penny!
    SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT"S CAMPING!
    My Touring GU Patrol
    Instagram

You Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSp...aj_9r3zvu9wNFg

Gingerbread Christmas Trees

New forum merchandise??? LOL
    Very nice indeed PJ, I thought it was Barney for a minute.
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better