PDA

View Full Version : Goulburn River Access around Nagambie

Harps
20-06-16, 05:33 PM
Hey All,

I know that some of you reside in and around Nagambie. I am quite keen to head up that way for a fish. The problem is that most of the river is not accessible via public road.

Please let me know if you, or a kind hearted person that you know, has a property on the river that would allow access. Of course it goes without saying that I would be responsible and respectful of the property.

Thanks,

Bush Dweller
21-06-16, 06:15 AM
try major mitchells camping reserve harps, its a huge camping area on majors creek which flows into the goulburn about 1km from camp. our fishing club has access to a coulple of propertys but i dont know them personally well enough to get in. maybe a local from nagambie would know someone.

Harps
21-06-16, 08:21 PM
Thank mate. I checked out majors Creek on the weekend. Very muddy and lots of rubbish left behind by others.

The creek is also very muddy. Do you know if there are native fish I there? I suspect not..

2Lost
22-06-16, 06:18 PM
Harps,

I maybe able to help?????maybe????. I will have to make a phone call.

An old friend has a few acres that fronts on to the Gouldburn. We have not been in contact for a while. I would like to catch up with him and his wife a great couple.

Would not mind dropping a line myself. Shall get back to you on this one:angler:

PS- I agree with your thoughts on Majors Creek.

Bush Dweller
22-06-16, 06:41 PM
Thank mate. I checked out majors Creek on the weekend. Very muddy and lots of rubbish left behind by others.

The creek is also very muddy. Do you know if there are native fish I there? I suspect not..

sorry harps i wouldnt camp there myself, its a craphole. but when theres no where else i thought it may be a option

Red GU
22-06-16, 08:23 PM
try major mitchells camping reserve harps, its a huge camping area on majors creek which flows into the goulburn about 1km from camp. our fishing club has access to a coulple of propertys but i dont know them personally well enough to get in. maybe a local from nagambie would know someone.

Is Major Mitchells where you drive past a winery and across an old wooden bridge? We camped there once, had a drop toilet and when we were there (few years ago now) it was a really nice spot. Always meant to go back...

cheers
Dave

2Lost
22-06-16, 08:53 PM
Yes thats the spot. But alas things have changed.

Easy access and has been abused:angryfist:

Mudge1
22-06-16, 09:38 PM
Hey, clear your mailbox out, says no room to send you a message [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bert-O
23-06-16, 06:59 PM
Its usually good through the drier months when the run off is not dirtying the water.
I could only imagine what it is like at this moment both in the river and on land.

Harps
24-06-16, 07:33 AM
Harps,

I maybe able to help?????maybe????. I will have to make a phone call.

An old friend has a few acres that fronts on to the Gouldburn. We have not been in contact for a while. I would like to catch up with him and his wife a great couple.

Would not mind dropping a line myself. Shall get back to you on this one:angler:

PS- I agree with your thoughts on Majors Creek.

Hey Laurie, sounds great. It is a nice looking river around nagambie and yea. Seems to become much muddier further downstream.

2Lost
27-06-16, 06:17 PM
Sorry mate can,t help on this one. He has been bitten before.

But i do know a dairy farmer in between Myrtleford and Beechworth that lets people camp on his property, with river access. Would be trout fishing ,pristine water i think on the King river from memory? May cost you a slab. Camping area is well away from his house down in the back paddocks.

I have some friends nearby on sixty acares but no river access.

Harps
27-06-16, 08:41 PM
Sorry mate can,t help on this one. He has been bitten before.

But i do know a dairy farmer in between Myrtleford and Beechworth that lets people camp on his property, with river access. Would be trout fishing ,pristine water i think on the King river from memory? May cost you a slab. Camping area is well away from his house down in the back paddocks.

I have some friends nearby on sixty acares but no river access.

That's cool and I completely understand. It is also a shame that people have abused his property or trust.

King River is very nice. I love a good and pristine river. Bet it is awesome in summer. I thought it generally flowed pretty hard? I haven't really gotten into trout fishing. I usually manage to catch trout in the high country.