PDA

View Full Version : (QLD) Toyota Hilux and 3 Jeeps offroading in Pine Forest

kam
24-07-13, 11:48 PM
Ahoi,

check out our video of the last trip

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/74905_10201504396641687_1004056185_n.jpg (http://youtu.be/WYtn8-sBNPc)

Please feel free to share and subscribe, if you like it :)

Touring Rich
25-07-13, 07:26 AM
What area did you travel? How was the trip any problems or highlights that you would like to share with us?

Cheers
Rich

Rusty
25-07-13, 09:04 AM
The weather looked great shorts and all

kam
25-07-13, 09:53 AM
Hi,

thanks for the comments!

It was a beautiful sunny day!

We went to Logan Pine Forest, very close to Brisbane. I love this place. Mud, ruts, rocks. It offers the whole offroad program :)

We wanted to go the main Powerline track first, until I discovered a turn into a new undiscovered (by us) area. Looked pretty rocky. It was best decision to turn in there. The track is so awesome. Medium level, very rocky. We did about 1/4 of the that track and turned back, because it was getting late! We are looking forward to go back and try to do the whole track next time.

On the way back, we had some small trouble. Unfortunately my camera batteries were dead. There was a big mud place. I took the middle line, which was not the best choice. It was so deep that it covered half of my doors (and I am pretty high). But I made it through. I hoped my mate was not going to take the same path, but he did. Fortunately he got stuck before he even got into the hole. Otherwise I think he would get mud into his air intake and maybe kill the engine. So luck in back luck :D I went back through the mud on one other path and pulled him out. His Jeep (the red JK) was making noises afterwards, but I assume it was because of mud, we couldn't find anything. It was ok after driving. But his rear right tyres was loosing Air between the rim and tire. We noticed it, because there was water on it and bubbles came out. So we went to next petrol station and put his spare on.

Overall great trip with lots of fun!

king kahuna
25-07-13, 02:32 PM
Love the quality of the video Kam, very impressive!
Looks like there's plenty of options for everyone in that area you were playing in, keep em coming
Cheers Scott

Touring Rich
25-07-13, 02:37 PM
Kam awesome video mate, keep them coming. Thanks for the extra info to!

Cheers
Rich

Gary
26-07-13, 08:32 AM
Great video Kam. Looks like your Jeep handled everything easily.

That area has something for everyone. Mud, rocks, hill climbs.

Did the guy with the red shorty get any mud inside when he was stuck in the hole? You seemed to walk through in your Jeep, what do you think the difference was?

kam
26-07-13, 11:02 AM
Thanks guys!

Great video Kam. Looks like your Jeep handled everything easily.

That area has something for everyone. Mud, rocks, hill climbs.

Did the guy with the red shorty get any mud inside when he was stuck in the hole? You seemed to walk through in your Jeep, what do you think the difference was?

The last mud hole is not on the video. Even I had to rev up to get through, but made it. He got stuck before he even got in to the deepest point. He was sitting on his belly. So very lucky I guess. No mud inside the Jeep.

Difference between are obviously the mods. He is stock with ARB bullbar and winch. I am sitting on 35s with 2.5 AEV lift and disconnects. Makes a big difference.

king kahuna
Love the quality of the video Kam, very impressive!

The whole video was shot with small Sony Action Cam. Just got it last week and very happy with it.

gowalkabout
26-07-13, 05:02 PM
Great vid, thanks for sharing. will be keeping an eye out for more

kam
30-07-13, 02:56 PM
thx gowalkabout!

tcf
30-07-13, 07:24 PM
Great vid mate. Jeep looks sweet too.

kam
08-08-13, 11:06 AM
Great vid mate. Jeep looks sweet too.

thanks TCF!

New Video of Bribie Island trip is coming soon!